Thursday, June 3, 2010

Coventry City UK

I made it to the United Kingdom again! This time to a cool city called Coventry City! I came to visit Aunt Laura's friend Andrea. I met her two sons Evan and Alex who showed me some really cool stuff in their town! Evan is 9 and in Year 4 (remember how they say grades in UK?) and Alex is 5 and is in Year 1!

Coventry City is pretty cool, its the CAR CAPITAL of the world! Most cars we love were designed or built in this city! It is also famous for its Spires (new word I just learned) that means pyramids or as I remember it "tall things" - but its for their cathedrals and churches.

First they took me to the Coventry Football Stadium. Did you know that they call soccer FOOTBALL in Europe? They think our football is funny!
This is me in front of a really old firetruck!
This is me, Evan, and Alex in front of one of the first car's built in Coventry!

This is me in front of a very old tank!
This is really cool! its "THURST 2" Richard Noble drove it 633 MPH in October 1983! This was the fastest car ever at the time!

This is Thurst SCC, Andy Green drove it 766 MPH in October 1997 and it is now the world record for the fastest car!


This is in front of the Old Cathedral - there's no roof left!

This was outside of the New Cathedral, its a statue of St. Michael and the Devil.

Thank you to my new friends Evan, Alex and Andrea for taking the time to show me around!

No comments:

Post a Comment