Monday, June 7, 2010

Santiago Chile

Aunt Laura's Friend Gonzalo is from Chile and his friend wanted to take me for a little trip! I met Andres and his 4 year old daughter Martina. They took me to some beautiful places and took me downtown to a place called "La Moneda Palace."

First I met Martina and her GIGANTIC cat Sofia. I've never seen a cat so big! Did you know that in Chile they speak Spanish? the word for cat is "Gato."

This was the view from near their house. You can see that Martina has a sweater on, and there is SNOW on the mountain. It is WINTER here. Santiago is in South America and is South of the Equator! The mountains here are the "Andes Mountains."

We went to the Market and found lots of cool things to buy.. more fish though :)



A big scary fish, and clams! Pescado is Spanish for fish!
And some Fruit! Frutas is Spanish for Fruit!

Thank you so much to Andres, Martina, and Gonzalo for getting me to Chile and showing me around this really cool place!

No comments:

Post a Comment