Thursday, June 10, 2010

Rutherford NJ and Space Telescope Science Institute

This adventure was pretty cool! Remember Audrey from the other day? Well, I met Maureen who is Audrey's sister! Maureen also grew up with Aunt Laura just across the river from Samantha's mom!

Today I met Maureen and her boyfriend Doug. They met me at the Rutherford, NJ train station.



We walked around Rutherford and saw an interesting garden and saw a really scary statue of Poseidon near the state house!
I was a little scared after this so Maureen and Doug took me to Baltimore for some really fun stuff!

Doug is an Astrophysicist! - meaning he studies the Stars and far-off Galaxies! *and you all thought I would stay on earth during my adventures heheh..**

We went to the Space Telescope Science Institute. This is the control room! Look in the back, you can see pictures of space. The Space Telescope Science Institute has telescopes and sattelites that are looking out into space all the time and sending back pictures like this! - VERY COOL!
This is what the Hubble Telescope looks like, and this is me on the model that they have at the institute! That's a picture of space behind me!

This is the front view of the Hubble model! This is a really cool telescope that's out in space taking pictures for us to study outer-space!


Thank you Maureen and Doug for showing me around NJ and the Space Telescope Science Institute! I had a really great time learning about space!

No comments:

Post a Comment