Monday, May 17, 2010

The Adams Family

No, not the TV Show!!!

Did you know the very famous ADAMS family is from Massachusetts? There's two presidents, John Adams and John Quincy Adams. MA is the OLDEST birthplaces for any president! John Adams was the 2nd President after George Washington. John Quincy Adams was the 6th President of the United States!

I learned a bunch of facts about these Presidents, and I will send you a pamphlet on them. I want to keep my letters simple right now so they don't sound like a history lesson!

There was this really cool "history center" for the Adams Family, in Quincy, MA! When I walked in, the park rangers KNEW WHO I WAS!!!!

They had these really cool houses in the middle of the room, they kinda looked like "doll houses."

This first one is a replica of the "Old House" - this house is HUGE!!!

The second one is a picture of the "United First Parish Church"- this was the church that both President Adam's attended, and its VERY OLD, and still standing!


The next picture is a picture of a picture! The Adams family had a large library called the "Stone Library! This picture was on the wall in the National Park welcome center!

This last picture is sooo cool! While I was visiting the National Park- I met ANOTHER FLAT STANLEY!!

No comments:

Post a Comment