Wednesday, May 19, 2010

Afghanistan with the MARINES!

Today’s post is a very special post from Major Gary Spinelli of the United States Marine Corps!

Gary is a very good friend of Uncle John’s, they went to school together and have been friends for a very long time. Uncle John sent me to visit Gary; all the way on the other side of the world, to a place called Afghanistan! Maybe Miss Tanner can point it out on the map!

It is very hot here and very SANDY! I thought that if you saw sand that you would find a beach but Afghanistan does not have a beach! It is a dessert! It’s very different from all that snow in Alaska to all this sand in Afghanistan!

I bet you’ve heard this country’s name on the news! The US has sent our heroes like Major Spinelli and his troops to Afghanistan to help this very poor country. While I was there I got to see some of the clothes the Marines wear! This is me in a Flak Jacket. - Marines use this for protection from dangers.
This is me with their really cool trucks!! It's called a MRAP (they have some really hard to remember names here)!



This is where Gary works, its called "NTM-AJO (NATO Training Mission- Afghanistan join Operations center).

I really had a nice time meeting with Major Gary Spinelli and meeting other Marines, thank you for taking time to meet with me and show our class around your work!
I'm so proud of our troops!

No comments:

Post a Comment