Monday, May 3, 2010

I Ran A Triathlon!

Hi Everyone!

This is Flat Stanley here, I'm visiting Samantha's Aunt Laura and Uncle John here in Massachusetts. I arrived on Thursday only to find out that on Sunday I would be participating in a RACE for a boys and girls club in Ludlow, MA.

I was really surprised to see how small Massachusetts compared to Pennsylvania. You can get from one end of the state to the other in a couple of hours. Aunt Laura lives near the Connecticut border and we drove half way to the New York Border in 1 hour to get to the Triathlon.

I learned that a Triathlon is a race where you participate in three different sports, Swimming, Biking, then Running. Since it's still pretty cold out, the swim part is done in a pool. Imagine 200 people all standing in line waiting to swim in the pool? It was pretty cool! Each person swam up and down each lane then out the door they went to put shoes and a helmet on and ride a bike 9 miles.

Since I'm flat and didn't bring my bathing suit, I didn't swim. But, I rode on Aunt Laura's back for the bike and BOY was it fun! I got to see 9 miles of the town, and got to wave to all the police men who were directing traffic for us. I also saw a few students from Massachusetts who KNOW FLAT STANLEY!

So after we completed the bike, we ran back into our special area, changed our shoes again, then took off to run. We ran 3 miles then back around the circle again to cross the finish line!

I've attached some pictures, you can see me on the bike, the run, and crossing the finish line! -- Wow I'm tired!

Tomorrow, I'm going to Monster.com - a big website headquarters! I'll take lots of pictures to show you all!

1 comment:

  1. Flat Stanley is, at this very second, visiting the UK! He's told me that he'd like to go and see a Castle and Cathedral so me and my dughter, Sophie, are going to take him into Durham City soon. Durham is in the North East of England and is full of history and very beautiful.
    I promise to take great care of Flat Stanley so please don't worry about him.
    Just let me know if there's anywhere else you think he might like to go while he's here, can't promise any triathlons or other energetic passtimes but there are beautiful beaches close by as we live near the coast and love to take our dog, Honey, there whenever possible.
    Sending love and hugs from the UK
    Nikki xx

    ReplyDelete