Saturday, May 22, 2010

San Diego California

After all this talk of beaches, I finally got to see one and play in the waves! Aunt Laura's friend Barbara took me for a relaxing day! Normally, as you know a 7 year old just can't sit still but with all this traveling a nice calm day is really fun. (shhh don't tell your parents).

Barbara lives right next to the Pacific Ocean in Southern California. Its called Cardiff by the Sea.

Barbara told me that it was 'May Gray' out, meaning it was cloudy - but I thought it was beautiful- I was FINALLY ON THE BEACH!

She even let me play in the waves! Barbara was going to teach me how to surf but she cut her finger and couldn't today, the salt water would be OUCHIE!!! When we were walking on the beach, several people noticed me and RECOGNIZED ME! I can't believe how many people have heard of Flat Stanley! Wow its fun to meet all of these new people!

We also went to a YOGA class. This class is unique because its REALLY hot. Barbara told me that its relaxing, but it just felt like my trip to Afghanistan at first. Then as the class went on my paper muscles got looser and looser! I can see why the adults like it. The picture is really cool, there was so much humidity in the room that it looked like I was in a cloud.

This last picture was taken in front of the world famous Self Realization Foundation in Encinitas. People come here from all over the world to relax and meditate. It's not as old as the castle I saw in UK but its still pretty old: built in the 1930's. We couldn't take pictures inside but I had lots of fun looking at the gold towers (Barbara said they're called "gilded towers") and the really white walls. I also had some fun looking at the Koi pod, I thought they were big goldfish, but I was told there a special fish called Koi!


Barbara, Thank you very much for showing me Southern CA and for finally getting me to the beach!

No comments:

Post a Comment