Friday, May 28, 2010

At the Airport

Aunt Laura's Friend Jon (no not Uncle John this is a different Jon) - took me on a business trip to Atlanta, GA. We're going to take more pictures next week but today we had lots of fun at the airport! It's more fun traveling by airport than by mail or by computer :).

Wow, the airport in Atlanta is such a busy place!! There are people and airplanes EVERYWHERE. We had a really cool car that we went to the airport in and then I got to enjoy looking at all the airplanes for like 3 hours because our flight was very late. Once we got going, though, the view was great. Lots of clouds and pretty blue sky!



I had my own seat on the plane with a TV in it so I could look on a map to see where we were. The map was really neat. First it would show our whole country with the states and capital cities written in English and then it would show it in Spanish.

Then it would say how fast we were going, how high in the air we were and how cold the air was. Did you know that the air temperature outside the airplane gets to be in the negatives?? Boy is THAT cold! And we were flying at 39,000 feet which is almost 7 miles high!

We were only on the plane for a couple of hours so after a quick stop at the bathroom (even Flat Stanley has to go sometimes) we picked up our luggage and headed home for the night. I didnt get to sleep until like midnight, which was also cool.

Flat Stanley usually goes to bed much earlier than that. Check me out on the Dunkin Donuts cup. That cup was HUGE.






Thank you Jon for taking me to the Airport! I can't wait until next week!

No comments:

Post a Comment